According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention around 610,000 people die of heart-related problems each year in the US alone. Both men and women are afflicted by heart disease due to various reasons that are connected with a certain lifestyle. However, there are many signs and warnings that inform us about heart trouble that we should be more than aware of.
Clamotion has collected 8 very common heart disease warning signs that you should pay attention to if you notice them.
1. Pain that spreads to the arm
2. Coughing that won’t quit
3. Extreme and unusual levels of anxiety
Several studies have shown that people that suffer from extreme anxiety from very early in their lives are prone to heart disease. Anxiety can be caused by either a very stressful lifestyle or various disorders including panic disorder and phobic anxiety. Some of the effects of anxiety on your heart include tachycardia, increased blood pressure, and decreased heart rate.
4. Swollen legs, ankles, and feet
5. Lack of appetite and feeling nauseousMany patients that suffer from heart disease show a lack of appetite and/or nausea even if they’ve had just a few bites to eat. The reason for that is a build-up of fluid around the liver and the intestines interfering with proper digestion. These symptoms are usually followed by abdominal pain and if you are experiencing all of them together, you should visit your doctor immediately.
6. Skin rashes or unusual spots
2 separate research projects that were performed by The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology and Journal of the American College of Cardiology showed that eczema and shingles are high risk factors of heart disease. Those who had eczema were found to have a 48% possibility of suffering from high blood pressure and a 29% possibility of having high cholesterol. Additionally, those who had shingles were 59% more likely to have a heart attack than people who didn’t have this condition.